Thursday, August 14, 2008

A+ for Amy Butler

Amy Butler's new line, August Fields, is amazing. I love it all. It only comes in home decorator weight: wouldn't ANY of these be a FABULOUS chair!? Her Midwest Modern is also out, but I think I like A. F. even more. I can't decide which colorway is the prettiest! Which of these sets would YOU choose? Update: Alice asked where to buy. purlsoho has a big selection. Also these new quilting solids are so pretty. I have some ambitious (read: maybe someday, somewhere) plans for them involving the talented Denyse Schmidt. And if you like all of these fabrics, have you seen Heather Bailey's latest? And Joel Dewberry's? WOW.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

hi sarah! it's sarah - i found you through the teerlink's blog! we met at kathleen's baby shower. your blog is a fun read - especially all of your crafty, home decor posts... my house is loaded with amy b's paper, patterns, and typography EVERYWHERE! funny! hope all is well your way! was great to meet you. ps. i heart wild bouquet

AliceK[i]ND said...

It's a toss up between Dew Drops and Wild Bouquet. Where can I buy these... they're gorgeous!

Nancy said...

you know you're speaking my language with this! I love the dew drops and wild bouquet. Hadn't seen the solids before, love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should be a fabric designer. You have the eye for amazing colors and prints, and what goes together well. Didn't get it from me. AG

Nancy said...

Sarah, the fabric store I went to was in Cave Creek (ie not close) but it was cute and had some cute stuff, nothing you couldn't get online, it probably wouldn't be worth the trip for you from so far! It's called Ye Old Quilt Shop.

JenJ said...

You have opened my eyes to a whole new idea about fabric!!!! Who wouldn't LOVE to quilt or make curtains or re-uphoster when you can work with such really GREAT colors and patterns!!!!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I have no talent! I love coming to your blog,and finding out about things I didn't now were out there. Thanks for being so cool. REALLY!