Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

My dad is our family photographer. I can always count on him to be armed with camera at ANY family event. Or solitary hiking event. Or church event. You get the point.

He recently joked that "no one takes pictures of Papa."
Not so.
This is just a sampling of the many many photos we have of Papa. Notice, he usually doesn't even know we're taking them.
After all, he is fantastic with his grandchildren. I always like to capture those moments.
He is equally kind and giving to his own children.
There's no one as smart or as kind as my dad! And I've got it all on film. Er, digital space on my computer. However you say that.
Happy Birthday dad! We love you!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I've always thought you and Emily looked so much like your mom, but looking at these pictures I actually see a lot of your Dad in you, Happy Birthday Dennis!

abby said...

it's so true about dad and the grandkids. he is so good to them but i don't think he wants us to notice. i love him so much!

Emily said...

Dad is the greatest, I concur. And handsome to boot.

I'm so happy my kids have him, too.

Unknown said...

The truth is, I love taking pictures and I'd just as soon be left out of others' pictures.
Thank you for thinking of me on my birthday and for the kind words. I do love my kids. I also have decided that the best reason to have kids is grandkids.

Dad