I like clothes.
During the week, i'm in jeans that don't fit like they used to. One of 5 shirts I cycle through. A cardigan if it's chilly. Maybe earrings, if I'm going somewhere. But for church on Sunday, I put some thought and care into what I shall wear. I especially find great delight in finding a cute way to wear a bargain.
Take this outfit, for example:
It's a mix of discount store and Anthropologie sale items. I am always sure to point out the bargains to Mark, and he mocks back, "Oh, the money we're saving!"
He does like when I get dressed up and he complimented this outfit, so I take the harmless mocking in stride, and keep shopping.
Here's the breakdown:
- gray cardigan: Anthropologie sale rack
- yellow blouse: Anthropologie
- belt: Nordstrom sale - $14
- navy chevron maxi skirt (it's really a shame I didn't get a better shot of this long skirt): Forever 21 - $19
- earrings: Forever 21 - $4
- black ballet flats (not shown): Gap clearance, over 5 years ago - $5