Friday, July 29, 2011

school rules

Montana photos can wait.  Today I must salute the first day of school, which for us, was last Monday.  While your children are still barefoot and bored, ours are back in the swing of waking early, uniforms and school lunch.  I must say that I was ready.  And so were they.  Owen started kindergarten and is adjusting quite well.  I was a little worried, but he has surprised me.  This year has been nothing like the preschool meltdown of 2010.  I miss him at home, but I am so proud of that boy!
 Can I just say, if I haven't already, I am a uniform fan.
*We got home from our trip on Friday, Mark blew out the front porch debris on Saturday, followed by a non-rain wind storm on Sunday and more front porch debris. If it's going to be stormy, let it RAIN. Then I wouldn't mind the junk at my front door.

5 comments:

amyegodfrey said...

What a bunch of beautiful kids! I would be a fan of uniforms, too. Molly doesn't have to wear a uniform this year? Her outfit is very cute!

Sarah said...

no uniforms in junior high.

Jaimy said...

Hi Sarah! I'm also a uniform fan, even though my kids have never had to wear them. I'm jealous! And to answer your question, I can't say for sure who the couple in the picture is without checking with my in-laws, but I do have a Mr. and Mrs. Richard Messer on my address list. They live in Cedar City, UT. Is that where your mother-in-law lives? My in-laws lived there when they first got married and I know they still keep in touch with friends from there so I assume that's how they know them, but I will ask next time I talk to them. That's crazy - what a small world!

Jason and Kate said...

I love uniforms too (well at least as a teacher) but know I would hate them if I ever had to wear them. So glad Owen loves Kindergarten. He looks so cute all grown up.

Sarah said...

Yes, The Messers for Cedar City. She is my mother in law's sister. What a small world!